Home
Contact Us
Carnival
Raffle
Address Signs
Make a Donation
Become a Member
Member Login
Calender of Events
In Memory
Member Roster
Fire Prevention
Honor Guard
Links
Gallery
Firefighter of the Year
Fire Company E-mail
Archives
Guest Book
 
Image of the day

 
Statistics

 
 
Retired Apparatus
 

White Chemical Truck

This is the first fire truck owned by the Midway Volunteer Fire Company, a White Chemical Truck, purchased from the Humane Fire Company of Norristown, PA for $450.00.

Click here for additonal photos.

1932 International

Midway's first new fire truck was a 1932 International 350 gallon tank truck. This photo was taken at "High Winds", which is now Albrecht's Nurseries' property, across the street from our current carnival grounds. Pictures left to right: Paxson Bishop, Charles Ewer, Horace Watson, Howard Ewer, George Davis the 1st Chief), Paul Lake, John Fetterolf and Charles Still.

Click here for additonal photos.

1939 Howe

Midway took delivery of this 1939 Howe with a 750 GPM rotary gear pump, 340 gallon water tank and 4,000 feet of 2 1/2" hose, in November of 1939.

Click here for additonal photos.

1949 Mack Tank Truck

This 1949 Mack Tank Truck was delivered to Midway in 1950. With 750 gallons of water and a 250 GPM rotary pump, tis truck served as the "first out" piece until it was sold to the newly formed Upper Makefield Fire Company in 1967. The "Little Mack", as it was called after the purchase of the two much larger Macks in 1960, was purchased for $9,706.00. With its "straight pipe" exhaust system, many would recognize its approach long before they could hear the siren.

Click here for additonal photos.

1949 Dodge Power Wagon

The 1948 Dodge Power-Wagon was delivered in 1950 with a pick-up body. Until it was outfitted for fire service it was used on designated drill nights to collect used newspapers as a fund-raiser. The truck had a 250 GPM portable pump, Onan electric-start generator and an HD winch. Firefighter and Engineer Elmer McEntyre cared the Power-Wagon for 20 years.

Click here for addtional photos

1957 GMC Tanker

Midway’s first tanker was a used GMC oil tanker that was purchased in 1957 for $1,300. This truck remained in service until 1960.

1960 Mack

In 1960 the Midway Volunteer Fire Company entered the “modern” age of firefighting with the purchase of a 750 GPM Mack Pumper. This truck carried 500 gallons of water and approximately 4,000 feet of 2 ˝” supply line. In later years the supply line was upgraded 5 inch. During its 29 years of service, the truck served as our water supply vehicle. In 1989 the truck was sold to the Wood River Fire Company in Nebraska.

Click here for additonal photos.

1960 Mack Tanker

Click here for additonal photos.

1964 GMC Field Truck

Click here for additonal photos

1967 Mack

Click here for additonal photos

1969 GMC Utility Truck

Click here for additonal photos.

1982 E-One Hurricane Engine

Click here for additonal photos

1984 Mack Tanker

In 1984 Midway purchased a 1984 Mack Tank truck that held 1,500 gallons of water. The “Little Tanker” as it was affectionately called, was housed in Station 5 until the new Station 15 was dedicated and became operational in 1997. This truck remained in service until 2002 when it was sold.

Click here for additonal photos.

1985 International Rescue

Click here for additonal photos

1989 Pierce Lance Engine

The former Engine 5 is now proudly serving at the Tri-Town Volunteer Fire & Ambulance in Ulysses, Potter County, PA.

Click here for additonal photos